Under the arm hair removal has become mandatory for females in the modern society. Many men have also recognized the idea and try out all sorts of techniques to ensure a clean, hair-free underarm. This article discusses underarm hair elimination in depth including its history, reasons for underarm hair removal and numerous hair removal methods that are getting used to achieve a smooth, hair-free armpit.
History behind underarm hair elimination
Though the practice of removing hair on the underarms has become prevalent only recently, it appears that even thousands of years ago people hated the presence of hair on the underarm. It is believed that Prophet Muhammad (570-632) made underarm curly hair removal a requirement for Muslim men and women for hygiene reasons. Because of this, Muslims practice underarm hair removal regularly. In the western countries, the custom of underarm hair removal arrived in the early 20th century. Around 1915, popular lifestyle magazines in the US as well as the UK started displaying picture of the woman with shaved underarms. The idea gradually seeped into the minds of people.
If you have any inquiries with regards to in which and how to use como depilar, you can get hold of us at our own site.
Easy availability of safety razors at that time made it feasible to shave underarm tresses. The custom of shaving under the arm hair gradually became a tradition in the US and Canada, however European countries did not adopt this tradition till well after World War II.
Reasons for removing underarm hair
Removal of underarm curly hair is considered essential in the modern society. It lists down various reasons for eliminating underarm hairs:
– Hygiene — This is one of the primary reasons for getting rid of underarm hair. There is excessive quantity of sweating in the armpit region, the head of hair gets wet and stays moist longer. As a result, the hair becomes odorous. This makes a person feel uncomfortable. If the odour is strong, other people may also feel uncomfortable and may steer clear of a person. Removal of underarm hair the person feel cleaner, smell much better and pleasing to others.
: Aesthetic – Pictures of versions with shaved underarms in the press has made people associate clean hair-free armpits with aesthetics. Today, the well-shaven armpit is considered more aesthetic and sexually attractive.
– Spiritual – Muslims men and women consider it obligatory to remove underarm hair as the exercise was advocated by Prophet Muhammad for hygiene reasons.
– Professional – In certain professions, removal of almost all body hair is considered necessary. Swimmers and athletes for instance removal remove all body hair, including those on their arms to make their bodies more streamlined. Similarly, body builders as well those who work with adult entertainment industry remove their particular unwanted hair for professional reasons.
Popular methods for removing these undesired hair
Various hair removal strategies are used for removing these hairs. Here we shall discuss few well-known ones:
– Shaving- This is probably the most commonly used methods of removing hair. This process is relatively painless, affordable and hassle-free. However , the biggest drawback of shaving is it needs to be repeated quite frequently. Besides, the new hair that comes is fuller, darker and coarser.
– Shaving – Even though it is painful, waxing is a popular method of removing unwanted locks. As the skin on your armpit is sensitive, it is advisable to take help of a professional. Results last for 4-6 weeks.
– Depilatories – Use of depilatories for removing these hair is quite popular. People favor this method as it can be used at home, is painless and affordable. However , this method offers only short-term results besides some individuals may suffer from skin irritations because the depilatories are mostly chemical based.
– Electrolysis – This is a permanent technique of hair removal. You can use this method if you would like get rid of these unwanted hair completely. Drawbacks of this method are that it requires several sessions, needs to be carried out under expert care and is unpleasant and expensive.
– Laser — This is one of the most advanced methods of getting rid of hair that is widely practiced with regard to removing these hairs. Laser treatment may help you get rid of these hair for several a few months and even years. This method is not mainly because painful but it is expensive. It needs several sessions and needs to be performed by a professional with care.